BLOG ARCHIVE

Friday, January 13, 2017

Matthew 6:25-27 Do Not Worry

Matthew 6:25-27
Do Not Worry

25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 


27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifespan?…


This old postcard of winter birdies inspired me to add the inspirational word TRUST. 

This image and the word Trust fit perfectly with Matthew 6:26:
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?


I can't claim to imagine what goes on in a bird's mind, but I know their creator does. I would think by instinct, they don't worry, but trust in the provisions of our heavenly Father. This verse tells me I don't have to be anxious.
Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so."

Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
"Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me."
~ Elizabeth Cheney ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment