BLOG ARCHIVE

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Yes, Virginia There Is A Santa Clause!

The article below has a comment about an incident that happened in my life about my youngest daughter… take a peek!

We know lying is a sin (Leviticus 19:11Proverbs 12:22). But what about those “little white lies” that involve an ever-so-slight stretching of the truth? Do the small lies matter, or are they harmless? What if telling the truth might hurt someone?

Lying is defined as “making an untrue statement with the intent to deceive.” A white lie is an untrue statement, but it is usually considered unimportant because it does not cover up a serious wrongdoing. A white lie is deceptive, but it may also be polite or diplomatic at the same time. It could be a “tactful” lie told to keep the peace in a relationship; it could be a “helpful” lie to ostensibly benefit someone else; it could be a “minor” lie to make oneself look better in some area.

* Santa Claus is generally depicted as a portly, joyous, white bearded man, sometimes with spectacles, wearing a red coat with white fur collar and cuffs, white fur cuffed red trousers, & black leather belt and boots and who carries a bag full of gifts for children. This image became popular in the U. S. & Canada in the 19th century due to the significant influence of the 1823 poem A visit from Saint Nicholas and of caricaturist and political cartoonist Thomas Nast. 
* An incident in my life was when my 7 year old daughter came home from school and asked if Santa was real and I said, "yes". She came to me with the encyclopedia and told me I lied to her. What I didn't know was the kids at school laughed at her because she believed in Santa. It was really traumatic for her and it affected me because of it! I just wanted her to believe in him as long as she could because I did! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment